Monday, May 29, 2017

Birthday Fun With Retired DSP

As a follow up to my post on the origami fold cards, today it's all about birthdays. I mentioned that I have a lot of designer series paper to use up, so all of these cards were made using the 12 x 12 Designer Series Paper stack from last year, called It's My Party. What a fun stack of papers! Here's my cards
 This fold is a tri fold design. It's a skinnier card than the standard A2 size, but still fits into a regular A2 envelope. You have 3 panels of dsp, mounted on coordinating card stock.
The present was cut using a retired square punch. Our current balloon punch was used for the balloons, and a simple circle and retired Washi Tape punch, finishes the card.  I also used the retired Candy Dots as added interest.

As one who doesn't like to cut into papers, I do have a feeling of accomplishment, now that these are done.  I say, go for it!  Paper is pretty, and sometimes hard to cut into, but once you do, it all works out well. I just need to keep telling myself...."someone who gets this card will get to see these pretty papers too".  

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. 

3 comments:

  1. This is cute. I don't like the birthday stuff but you made it look nice. My birthday ones don't look nice lol. I have the stamp set of balloons and punch of the balloon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda. Sometimes birthday cards can be "too much" because there's so many stamps with the birthday theme. But this was a fun fold to do. I'm glad you like it.

      Delete