Saturday, April 11, 2015

Cards for Shauna

Hello friends!
  Today I am starting a series of posts totally related to a friend, Shauna.  Shauna is a customer of our mailbox store and she is an avid paper crafter. A while back, she dropped off an entire portfolio of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper and told my husband "give these to Bobbi because I don't use them anymore". There was so much paper in this package, that I shared it with 3 other friends! Of course I wanted to pay her but Shauna wouldn't accept anything. She said to just make her some cards.  Really?  I was totally blown away by her generosity, and I made these cards for her.  I left them blank without sentiments so that she could add her own, or write personal messages on the inside.
  I am a scrap keeper, so although I used my card stock, punches and embellishments, the designer paper is all from Shauna. Sometimes when I create cards, I have extra parts that I keep, and they were added to the design of these. Don't throw away your scraps as they come in handy sometimes. I put mine in a small plastic zip lock bag, and keep decent size scraps in larger bags, all color coordinated and in a bin. When I hold stamp camps and workshops, I visit that bin for decent size pieces that we can use for stamping images or sentiments.
  Here are the first 5 cards made for her. I will share the rest later in the week. Shaun, this post and these cards are dedicated to YOU!  Thank you for your wonderful generosity, and happy paper crafting my friend!







2 comments:

  1. Hello Bobbi: What a beautiful, generous gesture from your friend and you did a lovely thing for her too. This cards are beautiful and she will surely appreciate all of them.
    I also save all my scrap pieces, I have plastic shoe boxes for each color, even the small pieces come in handy when you need to punch or stamp a small image.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bobbi,
    What a lovely thing you are doing for Shauna and your cards are so so pretty! I love the way you incorporate the papers in with your design for a soft, textured look. Although I admire the way you use every scrap of DSP - I have more than I could ever use up! But maybe I should give it a try....

    ReplyDelete