Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Lotus Blossom Try Outs

Hi friends, and welcome to my blog today.  I hope you are having a great day.  As you know, it's that time of the year when Sale-a-bration gives us so many wonderful free choices. Any order of $ 50 allows us to pick something free from the Sale-a-bration catalog.  One of the most ordered and used sets is Lotus Blossom.  It's everywhere!  I was bound and determined to work on this little gem, until I got the knack of using 3 stamps, to create one look.  Two step stamping has always been a favorite of mine. So why not 3 step stamping? This set has a tab on each flower image, so that you can line them up to complete your flower.  Here's my card:

Another free item is the beautiful Irresistibly Yours Designer Series Paper.  This white paper has a glossy white pattern that's perfect for sponging, spritzing, brayering and coloring.  Once you color a section, the white embossed images are revealed.  I've used both products in this card today.
I love to sponge, so I haven't tried using a brayer, spritzer or coloring, but all the videos I've seen make it look really easy.  I started with Crisp Cantaloupe, Crushed Curry and a bit of Strawberry Slush.  I used Blackberry Bliss and Perfect Plum for my flower, stamping off once.  I'm still practicing that Lotus Blossom....maybe one day I'll get it just perfect! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Bobbi, I love this stamp, I'm just waiting a little to get it, I have a self imposed crafting budget that I stick to no matter what, otherwise.....well, the outcome wouldn't be pretty, LOL!!
    I really love the 2 step stamping but this one is one better, the videos and cards I've seen made with this set are fabulous. It does take practice, just like with the 2 step sets, it does require a bit of practicing.
    Your card is beautiful, the sponging really looks amazing, this colors frame your Lotus Blossom perfectly.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete