Monday, January 19, 2015

An Ugly Duckling.....Turns Into a Swan...

Hello friends,
  Did you ever see a vision in your head, start to create it and it turns our terrible?  That's what happened with today's card.  When I saw the Painted Petals stamp set in the Occasions catalog, I had a vision of making a single layer card, with nothing but blooms, stems and leaves.  I started with Hello Honey, added Daffodil Delight and a touch of Pink Pirouette.  Here's the disaster that I created:
I mean, can it get any uglier?  This is a classic example of more is WAY too much!  :-)  So into the scrap pile it went.  I went on to make another card and went in a completely different direction. (I'll show you that card later this week). When I was making the other card, I used the Note Tag punch and left the negative piece laying on my craft table.  It happened to "land" on top of this ugly duckling and it caught my eye. I immediately thought "it's not so ugly when you don't see so much of it", since it was peeking out of the little window created by the punch. I played around with the little window and decided it needed another one in the upper left corner. This is the result:
Ahhhh... MUCH better!  And since I hardly throw anything away (I find uses for all types of scraps) the punched out piece became my sentiment layer.  Some Pear Pizzaz Taffeta ribbon and two tiny butterflies, cut from scraps of the Painted Blooms paper, and my ugly duckling turned into a beautiful swan.  Moral of the story:  Don't throw out your scraps.  Keep them close by and you may find that a project gets new life.
Thanks for stopping by today.  I love your comments, so please let me know what you think.  Do you have any ideas for your scraps?  I'd love to hear about it.  Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. WOW!! what a difference the punched out panel made for your original card. I have to say this card was a bit to busy but, isolating the pretty flowers with the negative punched card stock really turned into a beautiful and elegant and happy card.
    Love the bow on the side there and the sweet butterflies on each frame.
    Thank you so much for sharing, Bobbi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a wonderful idea, fabulous card idea.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete