Thursday, November 20, 2014

Shopping for Christmas Trees?

Hello and welcome!  I hope you are having a great day.  So many of our friends east of here are experiencing a lot of snow and freezing temps right now.  Today's post is dedicated to them. I remember when I was growing up in Chicago, our first winter storm would be when we would all go out as a family and pick out our Christmas tree.  Today's card is a memory of that.
When I create things, I have a habit of saving a lot of scraps.  If it's a decent sized piece, it goes into the scrap bin.  My card today uses all scraps, except for the Pear Pizzaz card base.
The "fence" is a piece of Whisper White, that had been stamped with the Hardwood stamp set in Smoky Slate. It was left over from a card I made as a wood panel. It wouldn't fit on the card like I wanted, so I cut it in half, creating the fence for the trees. The glimmer paper on top, was left over from a snow scene I did on another card, and I trimmed it to fit.  The trees were cut using the Tree punch, from a scrap of All is Calm designer paper.  I used clear embossing powder to give them some shimmer. See the mountains behind the trees?  That's the empty space  I couldn't fill, so I simply sponged Old Olive to create mountains.  This card literally took me 6 minutes to create.  It's so much fun to take scraps, and see what you can create.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment