Friday, January 26, 2018

More Waterfront

Hello, today I'm sharing more cards made with the Waterfront stamp set.  It can be found in the new Occasions catalog.  As mentioned in my last post, I have a hard time putting this set down. I just decided that it needed to get off of my desk, so I wouldn't be tempted to use it again. I have a stamp camp to get ready for, so it had to go into the cabinet so I don't see it.  How funny is that?

My first card is using Glossy card stock.  I wanted a simple natural design, so I chose Soft Suede for the mountains. The ground is stamped using Wild Wasabi (stamped off once), Island Indigo (stamped off twice) and filled with So Saffron.  There's a cute little "dotted" stamp in this set, which gives the appearance of little field flowers, so I used that in various colors to create a wildflower look.

 This one is a favorite of mine. I've always wanted to do a Northern Lights card, and this set is just perfect for it.  I used our Shimmer White card stock and started in the middle with Lemon Lime Twist. Night of Navy is sponged all the way around, and I applied it darker and heavier at the edges. The pinkish hue is actually Rich Razzleberry, sponged very lightly, then I went over it several times to get just the right color.  I used a torn post it note to mask the land and then sponged with Old Olive. The trees and mountains are done in Archival Basic Black.  A little touch of white gel pen adds stars in the night sky.

I hope you enjoyed my cards today. Please contact me if you would like a catalog, or if you're local here in Gilbert or Mesa or Chandler, Arizona, I would love to have you attend my monthly stamp camps.  Have a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment