Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Stamp Camp Fun

Hello friends,
 I've updated the font on my blog posts, because my eyes have been giving me some issues lately. I think a visit to my eye doctor is in order. 
 I've been having a lot of fun in the craft room this week.  July will be here before I know it, so I had to get busy designing our cards for stamp camp.  Here's one of the cards we will make:
If you have ever made a "shaving cream" card, then this stamp, called Marbled, will give you the same effect, but without all the mess! I am IN LOVE with this stamp.  I always buy large background stamps in wood mount, because I find them to be easier to use and feel I get a much better impression. I ink the stamp, place it face up on my desk, then I lay my card stock on top of the stamp, and use a bone folder or clear block, or my hand, on top of a piece of paper, to make sure the impression gets into every corner. I started with our new Lemon Lime Twist, all over the stamp.  Then using a sponge, I gently dabbed Archival Black and a little Tranquil Tide ink in various spots.  The results are amazing! My new favorite sentiment stamp set is called Just Add Text and this saying is one of the best! It's a quote from Van Gogh and it's so perfect for the angry world we seem to have right now.
I love this stamp so much, I made several in different colors. I'll be posting those later this week.
I hope you enjoyed by card today.  Until next time, happy stamping.  


No comments:

Post a Comment