Thursday, February 2, 2017

High Time for High Tide

Sponging!  It's not just for cleaning anymore.  Hello friends and welcome. Today I am showing you one of my favorite sets in the Occasions catalog.  High Tide.  In my opinion, we never seem to have enough stamps for masculine cards. Or, maybe I don't make masculine cards enough. Well, I have no excuse now.  
Sponging is one of my favorite techniques. It can be done with Stampin' Up! sponges, or with our sponge daubers. On this card, I used our sponges to cover a wider area.  Our sponges come large and I believe there's 4 to a package.  Just cut them into quarters, or in half, (whatever you're more comfortable with) and go to town.  Here's my card:


I sponged the sky first, using Peekaboo Peach, Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo ink.  To get the horizon line with the water, just use a post it note and lay it down on your card.  Sponge the sky first. Then turn your post it note so that it covers the sky area, and sponge the water.  I used Marina Mist.
This stamp set is a "2 step stamp". I stamped the lighthouse in Night of Navy, using the more solid image first, then added the 2nd stamp on top of it, in Basic Gray.  The ground is also Basic Gray and the waves of the water are done in Marina Mist.  I didn't want a stark look to the birds and sentiment, so those are stamped in Basic Gray as well. 
This set is very versatile. The sentiments are perfect for anyone, including your lady friends. To see it and order it, check out my online store, using the link above.  It's still Sale-a-bration time, so you get to choose free products with a qualifying order of $ 50.
 I'd love to read your comments.  Let me know what you think.  If you don't already have a demonstrator, please email me today and I'll send your catalogs out right away.  
That's it for me today.  I hope you enjoy your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment