Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Some Oldies to Remember

Hi ! Welcome and I hope you're having a great day today. Since retirement, I've made a huge list of things to get done. I am slowly working on that list. I'm learning quickly that retirement is very different. It's not like having a vacation, where you rush around to get everything accomplished before you have to return to work.  It's more like "yes, I'm getting things done, but the pace is very different". One of the things on my list is the never ending task of cleaning the craft room.  You know, pulling things out, discovering things you forgot about and that includes cards.  If you are a paper crafter, I'm sure you're like me.  You make a lot of cards and they go into a box until you need one for a friend. I really needed to clean out that box and send some of those cards to people that can use them for charity. And, I discovered these. Because Halloween is coming soon, I thought I'd share them with you today.  They are all made with retired Stampin' Up! items, and forgive me if I don't list what they are, because without looking them up, I don't remember. 
I think this cute cat and the spider web stamps are from a couple of years ago. The ribbon was also from a Holiday catalog around the same time.  The google eyes are from my stash.
This paper was from last year's Holiday catalog.  I just had to cut these little goblins out, and pop them up on dimensionals.  The "boo" was actually on a candy treat that another friend made, and I took it off and placed it here.
This paper was also from last year I believe.  I love those trees with the black night behind them and those scary yellow eyes. The House framelits are so cute and I don't think I will ever part with them.  I stamped the ghosts and cut them out and popped them up with dimensionals. The pumpkins were done the same way.  I used our Blendabilities (which are no longer available) to color the houses

So there you have it.  A parade of Halloween cards from a time gone by. I hope you enjoyed seeing them and until next time, happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bobbi, sorry to reply to this post so darn late. But I totally love this cards, I don't have the set with that fabulous cat or that cute stamp set with the little ''monsters'' but i do have the beautiful little houses and i love them.
    Thank you for the fabulous inspiration to use this set, I will make some cute Halloween cards for my grandkids with it.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete