Friday, June 12, 2015

A Fresh Perspective

Hello and thanks for stopping by!  I have just a small amount of time to sneak into my craft room to play with some of the new goodies in the new catalog.  Today, I wanted to share a couple of cards I made using the new 2015-2017 In Colors and a 2 new stamp sets called Sprinkles of Life and You've Got This.  The Sprinkles of Life set is the new Ronald McDonald set and Stampin' Up! donates $ 3 for every set sold, to the Ronald McDonald House. To date, they have donated over $ 1 MILLION to this beautiful charity.

 
The card base is Watermelon Wonder and a strip of Cucumber Crush as a backdrop for the new Cherry on Top Designer Series Paper pack. The cute ice cream cone is from Sprinkles of Life, and the ice cream was punched out with our new Build a Tree punch.  These punches are so versatile, you can make clouds, ice cream, frosting on a cupcake (also in the set), and see the drips of ice cream?  Those are also on that punch.  I sprinkled the ice cream with little stars cut from our Star border punch, and added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds so that the ice cream looked more realistic.
 
 
This card was made using the You've Got This stamp set. What a gorgeous set this is! The flower was stamped with Versamark on vellum, and embossed with black embossing powder. I colored the flower on the back side with the new Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush  markers.  A little sponging on the sentiment, cropped out with the oval punch.  Also new is our Dotted Lace Ribbon, here in Cucumber Crush.  This ribbon is a DREAM to work with.  It's stretchy and ties so beautifully and without a lot of fuss.  I made a small bow by hand and tucked it under the sentiment for contrast.
 
I hope you like my cards today.  I can't wait to get more of my new products and play.  If you want to join me for my monthly stamp camps, contact me.  I have one every month, and we always work with current items in the catalogs.  If you do not have a demonstrator, I'd love to hear from you and would be happy to send you a catalog. Until next time, happy stamping!





2 comments:

  1. Hello Bobbi: both this cards are beautiful, the "You got This" set is truly lovely, I might get it later. The Sprinkles of Life is cute, I like the snow cone and "ice cream" images, great for Summer cards, I love the fact this can also be made into cupcakes.
    I love how you colored that beautiful flower on Vellum, I truly like the way Vellum looks when colored in the back. I totally understand being limited time wise for playing with our new stuff, my grandchildren are on Summer Break and I think I'm more busy now than when they were in school, all of them have lots of extra stuff to do, but I love being with them, this kids keep me on my toes. I need to also squeeze at least 2:30 hours to training and the YMCA is at least 25 minutes away but I manage and like I said, this keeps me active and joyful.
    Thank you for sharing your lovely cards.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I think I LIKE that Watermelon Wonder! Thanks for sharing two fabulous samples, Bobbie. I haven't gotten a good look at the new colors yet, so this was a treat! I've sure been eyeing that pretty lace, too. I have yards and yards of lace, but nothing so delicate and such pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete