Monday, January 26, 2015

The Card That Saved The Day

Hi friends!
  Today I wanted to share the card that helped me turn an ugly ducking into the swan. On my previous post I shared with you the story about how a negative space from the note tag punch, landed on top of a really terrible try at a no layer card.  Well, this is the card I made.
The note tag punched sentiment was cut from naturals card stock for this card.  I punched two more tags in Blackberry Bliss and adhered them together, to make the frame for the sentiment.  A card base of Blushing Bride with two panels of Blackberry Bliss, as well as two strips of the gorgeous Painted Blooms designer series paper, complete the project. To achieve the matching florals, I cut one larger piece to fit as if it were a single layer, the cut it down the middle.  I trimmed the outer edges down so that the Blackberry Bliss layer peeked through.  This ensured that I didn't lose the matching floral design in the center.
I hope you enjoyed my project today.  If you do not have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, please let me know and I can make sure you get our new Occasions and Sale-a-bration catalogs.  This gorgeous designer paper has a matching stamp set and is only going to be offered until March 31st.  You don't want to miss out on this wonderful Occasions catalog and Sale-a-bration promotion!  Contact me for details.  Have a great day!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment