Friday, January 16, 2015

Cruisin' Along!

Hi and welcome!  I hope you are having a great day.  I wanted to show you a card I made for a friend.  She and her husband went on a cruise last week and I wanted to play with some of my new goodies from the Occasions catalog.  Today's card features a new paper pack called Adventure Bound.  There are so many wonderful designs in this paper; plaids, pebbles, water, a forest photo, greenery, wood grain...to name just a few.  You get 48 sheets of paper, double sided, 4-1/2 X 6-1/2 size, so they're perfect to add a layer to your card or scrap book page.  Here's  my card:
The coordinating colors that go with this paper are Basic Gray (my card base color), Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Island Indigo (my ink color), Mossy Meadow, Sahara Sand and Whisper White. I used two papers from this paper pack - the stones and the water.  My idea was to use those as sort of a pebble beach.  Using the Peace, Love & Cupcakes stamp, and stamping on basic gray, can you see what I used to make the labels for the wording?  It's the NEW Bow Builder Punch. I love it when I can think of other ways to use a punch, other than what it was intended for.  Here's the inside of my card:
A cruise ship and a suitcase from The Traveler stamp set, found in the annual catalog.  I thought it was perfect.  A nice note inside to wish them a fun time on their cruise, and my card was complete.
What do you think?  I'd love to read your comments.  It's nice to share my love of this craft with you. If you don't already have a demonstrator, let me know and I will mail your catalogs out to you.  Remember, from now through March 31...spend $ 50 and pick out a FREE item from our Sale-a-bration catalog.  Or if you are local in Arizona, email me today to host your own workshop and get a LOT of items FREE!
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bobbi, I love to see how some amazingly clever crafters can make fabulous things with a tool, like this punch, that are totally different than what they were made for. I just love how you used each of this punched out pieces of paper to create this fantastic card, the layout is awesome, you really took advantage of the beautiful images on this DSP.
    I'm going to order this punch next month so now, thanks to you, I have a new and totally fabulous way to use it.
    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us.

    ReplyDelete